| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Jenn aSide
Smokin Aces.
10702
|
Posted - 2015.04.13 13:42:21 -
[1] - Quote
baltec1 wrote:Hector Skunk wrote:Fascinating! May I ask why people prefer converting lifetime to ISK, instead of converting money to ISK? It seems to have the best conversion rate and thus also offers the highest amount of fun per hour, as less time is wasted for making money.
I realize that work in the real life costs time as well, but the gain is much higher. Id rather use rl cash on holidays than internet spaceships. You can earn hefty sums of isk afk anyway.
Amen and +1 to that. While I'm glad people decide to use rl money for plex (which feeds the plex market I survive on) it's mystifying to me how incredibly bad one has to be to not be able to accumulate 27 million isk per day (the daily price of a plex) per character.
Hmm, 20 minutes a day of doing some kind of pve in a video game while drinking beer and watching that hot bleached blonde dragon chick with the "suggestive lips" from Game of Thrones on my other monitor, OR getting dressed, driving to work and working overtime while usually not drinking beer?
Hmmm, tough choice there.  |

Jenn aSide
Smokin Aces.
10702
|
Posted - 2015.04.13 14:49:28 -
[2] - Quote
Hector Skunk wrote:Calling it "being bad" doesn't make you look "good". I understand that not everyone can afford this, but there is nothing superior in wasting even 20 minutes on something completely unnecessary. That's 20 minutes a day I can use for something better.
Oddly, that's the point. The "get a job" people are the ones that look down their noses at people who are good at making in game isk (and who thusly use plex to pay their subs). I have a job, but since pve is easy and I enjoy it, I just do that instead. Most of the 'get a job and buy a plex' folks are PVP-only types who are kind of incapable of understanding that 'fun' is subjective.
I'm simply saying "good for you if you think working a real job just to play a video game is the way to go, ima be butt ass naked drinking beer playing that same video game and plexing while you sweat". |

Jenn aSide
Smokin Aces.
10702
|
Posted - 2015.04.13 15:13:40 -
[3] - Quote
Hector Skunk wrote:I'm sorry for touching your nerves. I promise I will not do it again. You are, of course, not only the better player, but also the better person. The 20 minutes you spend on your TV getting off by looking at a character on screen you will never be able to touch or talk to clearly beat how I spend my time.
I'm sorry for even replying to you and your superiority is, of course, noted by everyone.
I accept your surrender (after wiping the large amount of butt hurt off of it) and will contact you to let you know when you can contract all your stuff to me as a form of tribute. Oh and next time, try keeping your own superior attitude in check, and I won't have to do it for you 
|

Jenn aSide
Smokin Aces.
10702
|
Posted - 2015.04.13 17:27:40 -
[4] - Quote
Oraac Ensor wrote:I have no idea.
Why should I care? This is a video game not a second occupation.
Relevant Quote
|

Jenn aSide
Smokin Aces.
10704
|
Posted - 2015.04.13 23:21:28 -
[5] - Quote
Kessiaan wrote:
It's all work in the end, why do anything but what makes the most monies in the least amount of time? Where it comes from is irrelevant.
When I'm at home relaxing running in an incursion fleet and drinking I'm not at work dealing with literally some of the worst human beings on earth. The fact that I can make enough to plex 4 accounts with 2 hours of overtime is meaningless. That's the point, you do what makes sense for you, I'll do what makes sense for me. The "just work and use plex" people never ever understand that (and if everyone did that, plex would be worthless).
|
| |
|